Please sign in to post.

3 Days in London over Easter 2010.

Having problems finding a room (reasonably priced or not) for 2 adults and 2 teens in the central city. Looking at 10 to 15 minute tube rides from outlying areas, but not sure what are good neighborhoods to stay in. Any recomendations for accomodations or neighborhoods?

Posted by
5471 posts

Becky, Are you looking for a quad room or would you consider two rooms? You might have better luck finding two doubles or twins.

Some neighborhoods to try include Earls Court / Gloucester Road, Bayswater, Kensington, Bloomsbury, South Bank.

If you are willing to split into two rooms, you might consider bidding on two rooms in Priceline. Another site that I have used and found discounts on is lastminute.com (use the UK site rather than the US site)

Posted by
4 posts

Thank you Laura, we are looking for either a quad or a couple of doubles or a triple with a rollaway. We are even considering hostels though this is the last leg of a 3 week trip and wanted to have a nice respite before going back to reality! I will look in the areas you mentioned, thanks.

thank you Steve, I'm actually awaiting a reply form one of these, I'll send the other a request too.

I had no idea London would be so busy that weekend.

Posted by
3428 posts

I'd check the Victoria/ Belgravia area. Lots of less expesive to moderate hotels and very good transportation connections.