Please sign in to post.

ATM cards

My bankcard only works at ATMs with "PLUS" or
"INTERLINK" logos. Is that the kind of ATMs in Britain?? Thanks, Katherine

Posted by
1829 posts

As "Plus" is part of Visa you should be able to use ATMs displaying the "Link" logo. The Link network is the one used by all the major retail banks in the UK.
The link below will help you locate particular ATMs

http://visa.via.infonow.net/locator/global/SearchAction.do;jsessionid=FB3F5BDF2C90967A0469416CF4692426.webl4

But to put your mind at rest and, as you will no doubt be in touch with your Bank to let them know you are going overseas, confirm that the card will be accepted in UK ATMs. I have seen queries about the length of the PIN numbers, we use four figure PINS here, but don't know if that's really an issue.

Posted by
23268 posts

PLUS and Cirrus are the most common networks in the world. Will work fine in Britain.

Posted by
6 posts

If your PIN is a 4-character word rather than a 4-digit number, definately translate the word to the associated numbers before you travel. The PIN pads on UK ATMs don't have letters on them. I use US ATMs frequently, but haven't looked closely at one in ages. The keys used to, and may still, have letters on them, like on a telephone keypad. In the UK, if your PIN is a word you'll be racking your brains trying to remember which letters on a US pad are associated with which numbers.