Please sign in to post.

reset tourist visa for extended travel in the UK

I am a US citizen who will travel to the UK to research and interview for jobs in London, in addition to touring for pleasure. I will not work in the UK until I have a work visa, but I imagine this process will take some time in this economy and so I plan to travel throughout the UK. I do plan to return to the US to apply for a work visa, but would like to stay in or near the UK until a job is secured if possible, to minimize expense. I'd like to know if there is a way to reset the 90 tourist visa for the UK by traveling to another country for a few days and then returning. how many days do you have to stay out of the country? can one do this repeatedly? Is there a limitation on how many days you can stay within a period of time (90/180 days)? With the current changes in UK immigration law, it seems impossible to find out how to stay in the country within the bounds of the law.

There are no replies to this topic.