Please sign in to post.

RYANAIR

We want to take a flight from Dublin to Manchester/Liverpool, then after our tours, from Gatwick to Dublin. My husband and I use the RS carry on luggage. Are these considered small bags that can be carried onto Ryanair planes, or will we have to check-in the bags using our RS day-bags for personal needs on board?

Posted by
9363 posts

You can find the exact dimensions on Ryanair's website. The weight limit is 22 lbs., though, so that could cause a problem if your bags weigh more. Be sure that you are within the weight limit before making the decision to check or carryon because extra weight over the limit will incur a fee. They are strict about having only ONE carryon apiece, too, so your day bags would have to fit inside your other bags in order to carry them on.

Posted by
85 posts

Well, yes, after measuring our bags that aren't completely filled, they may pass the test. Otherwise it's under the belly of the beast for the bags.

Posted by
9363 posts

If you are looking to check your bags make sure you say so when you book your tickets. It's cheaper to book the checked bags online rather than wait till you are at the airport.

Posted by
389 posts

Karen, had the same bag and it had to be checked by their standards but saw lots of people carrying duffle bags that were a lot bigger and no one questioned them. I guess it depends on how much you want to push. I figured the price was cheaper to just book the suitcase when I booked the flight than get busted there.