Please sign in to post.

Hotels in Amsterdam

My family of 3 are staying in Amsterdam for 3 nights in early May, looking for hotel recommedations, I've got Rick book but I wanted to get a few other opinions.
Thanks

Posted by
8293 posts

Maybe you could tell us what your budget would be and what you hope to do & see in the city.

Posted by
11 posts

I'd like to keep it $150-$200 a night. We don't really have any specific plans for Amsterdam, mostly wander around the city, check out a museum or 2, my wife likes checking out markets that sort of thing. This is the first stop on our trip,it's a long flight from Seattle, might be a bit of jet lag. We only have 2 full days & nights here.

-jeff

Posted by
9 posts

We are going next month to Italy and on the way home are spending a night in Amsterdam. I booked the Hotel Amadeus in Haarlem because I really like the idea of staying in a town that still resembles what it looked like 700 years ago.

We will be back in mid March and I can let you know what I thought of the hotel.

Posted by
9109 posts

I didn't know they had an Ikea in Haarlem 700 years ago:) I've found that www.booking.com has the best hotel rates for Amsterdam. You might want try the Golden Tulip Amsterdam Centre at Nieuwezijdskolk 19. There is also an Ibis hotel built on top of Centraal Station, they have good rates, but the rooms are fairly small.

Posted by
334 posts

We stayed at the Hotel Brouwer a couple of years ago. It's right on the Singel Canal. Several years back they remodeled, but instead of making tiny rooms with baths, they combined some rooms into a larger one with a bath. Great beamed ceilings - the view over the canal is great - plus the price is right 95 Euro double.

It's a funny little place - you can miss the sign if you don't look for it, but it's family run, breakfast in the living room.

We'd go back :)

http://www.hotelbrouwer.nl/

Posted by
8293 posts

We like the Owl Hotel. It is well located, walking distance to the museums, and within your stated budget.

Posted by
818 posts

I loved the Hotel Brouwer in Amsterdam!

In Haarlem we stayed at the B&B which is next to Hotel Amadeus. The location can't be beat. The room was a little worn and the TV didn't work and it was loud in the morning when they are setting up in the square (two days there was a market and one day a road race) BUT I loved Haarlem and would stay at the Amadeus again - the location is great. The people were very nice and accommodating (especially when my husband lost his room key on a Sunday night and the manager biked over with a replacement). I loved sitting outside at night and since our room looked out on the square I could glance up and watch my son read in bed - and he liked being able to have a little freedom and stay in the room or come out and run around the square - he's 9.

Posted by
11 posts

Thanks everyone, I checked with Hotel Brouwer & the Owl, they looked good but unfortunately they're both booked. Hotel Hestia has room, it looks ok and has gotten pretty good reviews. Anyone stayed there?

Posted by
67 posts

Last May we spent a week in the Netherlands and stayed several days in Amsterdam at Hotel Keizershof. Great old canal house location on a beautiful canal, walked to most sites, great hosts. Yes, the stairs are steep if you are on the top floor but that just adds to the character. We are two women in our late 50's and I would highly recommend this B&B.
We choose a room without bath but had the bath to ourselves! We used Rick's book exclusively and it made for a fabulous visit. Use his suggestions and you won't be sorry!