Please sign in to post.

Dublin B&B

I am looking for a decent place to stay in Dublin this summer. I would like a B&B near the centre and in a good neighborhood. Most research have sent me to the bad areas of Dublin that is affordable. Does anybody have a suggestion?

Posted by
12040 posts

The center of Dublin near the river has become one of the most expensive pockets of Europe.

If you don't mind staying a bit further out, I have enjoyed lodging in the Ballsbridge neighborhood, just to the south of downtown. It's a very quiet, somewhat upscale residential area, about a 20 minutes walk from Temple Bar, and there is a DART station for quicker transport into the center. I have stayed at a charming little establishment called the "Mount Herbert Hotel" (think Fawlty Towers with better food and friendlier staff). It used to be a bargain for Dublin, but like everything else in the city, I'm afraid the rates have greatly increased in the past several years.

Posted by
1358 posts

If you dont get better advice, do a google search for 'Dublin B&B'. You will find a lot of suggestions.

Most webpages will answer your questions about location. And many offer travelers comments which help me.

Posted by
1014 posts

We stayed in a student housing apt. last summer on N. Circular road. It was about a 20 minute walk to O'Connell St. There was also bus services, but we chose to walk most days. We were there to see the city, and by foot is the best way. I paid about 250E for two weeks. I think it would be cheaper is you booked longer. If interested, email me and I will go back and find the owners email address.

Posted by
319 posts

Two suggestions:

1. Trinity College provides housing in their dorms in the summer. I have not stayed there, but many others here have. My understanding is that accommodations are simple (as one would expect) but fine. Location can't be beat.

2. In May, I stayed at a B&B in Dun Laoghaire. It is just 15 mins. by train to the city center. There are lots of nice B&Bs here and they are relatively inexpensive. I stayed at Ophira House and recommend it highly.

Best of luck with your planning. Enjoy your trip!

Posted by
1806 posts

Accommodation at Trinity College is excellent. I'd stay there again in a heartbeat. Costs more than a hostel, but you're getting a private room, free breakfast and a location that can't be beat.