Please sign in to post.

New Year's Paris or London?

I am planning a trip to Paris starting 24 December and was going to go through January 3rd to include New Year's. I'm not a big party person but it would be nice to see fireworks, etc. A friend just told me that London would be a better idea. Is that true? Should I leave Paris early and go to London for a few days? Any ideas would be appreciated.

Posted by
977 posts

Nancie. If I could pick any city in the world to spend New Year's Eve in, it would be Paris without a doubt. I love London too, but there's something so special about Paris. It's difficult to find the right words to describe how this city makes me feel!!!

Posted by
1358 posts

Since you have only one answer, I will chime in with my opinion. I agree with Judy. Paris will exceed anything London can offer. I find it the most appealing city in the world (after visiting 50 countries).

Posted by
1358 posts

Since you have only one answer, I will chime in with my opinion. I agree with Judy. Paris will exceed anything London can offer. I find it the most appealing city in the world (after visiting 50 countries).

Posted by
643 posts

I'd pick London in a heartbeat. Well maybe I'm biased because I was just there a couple months ago!! But we just felt great in the city, after 10 days we feel we could spend another three weeks there easily. In fact that's our plan!

Posted by
390 posts

I'd say it's a toss-up. Both places have fireworks (and huge crowds)- London along the Thames near the London Eye, Paris at the Eiffel Tower.

If you stay in London - stay along the north bank or near Westminster Bridge; you'll get just as good a view without being crushed.

Personally, I'd pick London because it's my favorite city in the world. Paris is a VERY close second. Since you'll be staying in London for several days already I'd definitely recommend a short trip to Paris if you've never been there.

Posted by
39 posts

Nancie

I was in Paris last year on New Years eve, it was great. I have to tell you that there are not official fireworks though. We went to the Eff tower and lots of people. People were light off their own fireworks. When the clock struck 1200 the tower just light up. Either way I loved Paris. We then took the Eurostar the next morning to London and watched the New Years day prade. It worked out great.

Posted by
2779 posts

I would say yes you should go to London for a few days, you will love it.