Please sign in to post.

Suggested Itineraries?

Does anyone know of any good websites with suggested itineraries written by travelers? We will be in Ireland for 11 days and will be flying into Belfast and out of Dublin so it would be nice to find suggestions on how much time to spend in each area if we want to hit the Antrim coast and then work our way along the western side of Ireland. Thanks for the help.

Posted by
1 posts

I can suggest a good itinerary. We landed in Dublin, so do in reverse. Glendalough and the Wiklow Mtns., Waterford, Blarney Castle,Ring of Kerry, Dingle Peninsula, Cliffs of Mohr, Connemara, Kylemore Abby, Aran Islands, Clonmacnoise Bog Train, Dublin. Have a great trip.

Posted by
1 posts

Hi,
I'm taking my 1st trip to Ireland in September and am still arranging my itinerary and saw your posting and thought you might be able to offer some insight.
We'll be there for 11 nights.
Flying into Dublin and already have booked 3 nights there.
One night in Birr (birthplace of an aunt and grandmother - trying to find other relatives)
Two nights in Tullow (southeast of Birr) 20 mins or so from Kilkenny (one day in Wexford, one on the links)
I thought maybe 1 night in Waterford
Then 3 nights in Cork - leaving mid day from Shannon
So - You mentioned Waterford - would you spend a day and night there?
Cork - I assume would be a good spot to get to the Ring of Kerry, maybe golf in Kinsale - what would you recommend?
It's not too late to change anything that I've already booked
Thanks
Pete

Posted by
89 posts

Pete - Waterford is a day trip, and easy to do from Cork, I'd pick somewhere else to spend that night. You really don't need more than a few hours there - do a town walking tour and see the factory and that's about it.

Posted by
3551 posts

I sgree with Kim, use Ricks guidebook he is right on and gives you all the details ytou need to know.