Please sign in to post.

British Airways

Looking to hear from folks who have traveled frequently on BA. I will be a first time BA traveler in December. Usually it's Virgin or American Airlines to Europe. Flight is already booked and I see that on the BA website I need to supply Advance Passenger Information such as Passport #. Any suggestions as to how early (like now) or late (72 hours before my flight) I should provide the information. Please share you thoughts about British Airlines travel. The pluses and the minuses. Posted on Transportation branch as well.

Posted by
643 posts

We loved the flight we took a few weeks ago to London and back from Seattle. We booked online in April for a September-October round trip. Paid about $1100 per ticket. Then we go to claim our miles and instead of getting the full milage for the roundtrip of 9600 miles each, they gave us a paltry 1136 miles each! When I asked about it, the reply was something like "you bought a discounted fare". Well I buy discounted fares every time, who pays full price?!! We'll probably fly United or Northwest next time, which is sad, as British Airways does have by far the best food we've eaten in economy class. But other than that, it's an airplane like any other.

Posted by
15116 posts

British Airways has started a trend which will soon be coming to other airlines--you'll be awarded mileage depending on how much you pay.

Deeply discounted fares get nothing while FC get double or triple.

Some U.S. based carriers have started already by giving actual fares if the flight is under 500 miles rather than a minimum of 500.

Don't worry about giving you passport number. It's for security purposes. And remember, starting next year, you'll have to book tickets using your full name (no first name initials only) and give your date of birth.