Please sign in to post.

Our trip

I know that this is not generally the place for this, but since so many of you helped me plan our trip here I wanted to let ya know that it was wonderful. We have been home for 2 weeks now and the UK high is starting to ware off and it's back to life as usual. We are glad the memories and literally thousands of pictures we took will be with us forever.
We loved both England and Scotland, with the Highlands being especially wonderful and peaceful. London was also great and recommendations to stay at the Cherry Court were right on as it was great. And, staying within budget, even in London was pretty easy as long as you skip the tourist shops. It can be more expensive, but if you are careful it can definitely be done.
I have great recommendations for B&B's; if anyone is interested just let me know.
Also, we drove ourselves and although the price of gas was high I would not have traded it for the world. It was great to go at our own pace and to take a side road if we wanted to. We found the roads, in both England and Scotland, to be fairly easy to navigate. We had heard Scotland was much like Ireland, but found that we thought the roads were a bit better than Ireland. Even though the only time my hubby and I argued was in the car (those damn round-abouts :) it was still a great experience!
Thanks again everyone for all of your help, I would not have been nearly as prepared without it.

Posted by
11507 posts

So glad you had a wonderful trip, and so nice of you to come back and give us a report on it,, As for driving,,, didn't the driving on the left hand side of the road make you crazy?? LOL

Posted by
100 posts

Driving does take a bit of getting used to, but it really wasn't too bad. I say this as the passenger of the car as my husband did all of the driving. The only time he and I got snippy with each other was in the car driving! But we made it without even a scratch on us or the car and I really wouldn't have wanted to do it any other way.
Now that we have been home almost a month I am aching to go back again. So much to see and not enough vacation time! : )