Please sign in to post.

Extended Stay

Can anyone suggest a safe, convenient, affordable place to stay for 1 person for 2 weeks to 1 month?

Posted by
31 posts

Can anyone suggest a safe, convenient, affordable place to stay for 1 person for 2 weeks to 1 month in London, England?

Posted by
10344 posts

Here are links to some leads for London apartments:London apartmentsmore London apartmentsand moreand still moreAnd you can find even more links by entering "London apartment" in the search box, upper right corner of this page.

Posted by
345 posts

I've been looking into the same, except for 2 people, and have come to the conclusion that most of the apartments people recommend are well beyond my budget, and rather on the posh side.

Because I'm staying in London for 3 weeks with my mom, then another 1-2 weeks on my own, I thought an apartment might make more sense financially, but it doesn't seem to.

At the moment I'm still sticking with something through the LSE - http://www.lsevacations.co.uk/

Posted by
31 posts

Thanks, everyone, for the suggestions. There are so many possibilities,it takes quite a bit of time to go through it all. But, the problem I'm finding is that the hotels and B&B's do not have a room available for an extended period of time consecutively. Dates are available, here and there.

Posted by
1014 posts

What are you hoping to spend per day or week? Easyhotel.com charges 25L per day. It is verrry basic, but it is a place to stay that is fairly cheap.

When are you going? Further out, easier to find places. Look at laterooms.com, Find the hotel/apt you want and email/call them to see if you can do extended stay.

Have your looked at vrbo.com? I found one room -Vacation Rentals by Owner Listing #165011 that was 30 to 35L per night.

Posted by
345 posts

^My only issue with the one you listed is that it's listed as at least 20 minutes away from central London by tube, and I think is around zone 3, so there's the time/cost to account for. If that's okay, it seems a good bargain, although slightly odd in that it's so much cheaper than any of the other listings. Although, pictures do show small size, and limited facilities which could explain it.