Please sign in to post.

2014 Edinburgh Tattoo

Can anyone offer suggestions on the best seating area for the Tattoo? And is it best to buy the tickets as soon as they go on sale or is it ok to wait until later?
Thanks

Posted by
9110 posts

Dead center right behind the upholstered chairs with the white covers. Wait and you won't get any.

Posted by
449 posts

Sections 8 and 9, and then sections 7 and 10. Seats in these sections face Edinburgh Castle.

Posted by
32206 posts

Sharon, I was seated in Section 3 or 4 about half way up, and found that was a reasonably good location. While Sections 7-10 provide a good view of the performers coming towards the audience, many parts of the performance take place in mid-field, so the middle seating will be closer to that. I'd suggest booking your tickets as soon as you have your dates finalized. Some performances can sell out quickly and if you want seating in a particular area, early booking will be essential. You don't necessarily have to buy as soon as tickets are available, but book as early as possible. If your budget will allow, you might consider the Wallace Package or one of the other premium packages. That provides a few perks over queueing up with the masses. Note that the Wallace Package does not apply to the 19:30 Saturday performances (I believe the other two premium packages apply to all performances. Be sure to book your hotel accommodations early too, as hotels fill up quickly in August. Happy travels!

Posted by
199 posts

Definitely buy the tickets as soon as they go on sale. We bought ours a year in advance and a good thing too. It's an awesome, unforgettable show. Dress warmly as it can get chilly when it gets dark.
And we were glad we ate a hearty dinner early. Have a great time!

Posted by
32206 posts

Sharon, "Dress warmly as it can get chilly when it gets dark." I second that advice! Even with a coat, it was still chilly. It would also be prudent to pack along some light rain gear. They've never cancelled a performance due to rain, so the show will go on regardless.