Please sign in to post.

2 weeks in Ireland

We are spending one week in Scotland and then two weeks in Ireland in Sept, returning from Shannon to the US. I went to Ireland about ten years ago and will skip Cork and Waterford this trip and plan to use B & B and public transportation. Any suggestions? I am so excited that I can go back.

Posted by
182 posts

spent two weeks in ireland two years ago. used the train and bus only. alot of bus activity the rail system is not what it is on the continent. i thought the highlights were obviously dingle, kilkenny, and kinsale. i enjoyed dublin and galway, but only to get to the islands and cliffs of moher. the food in kinsale and dingle was amazing. do not miss the global village in dingle if you go. mussels were awesome throughout kilkenny and little andys pub is a riot before and after a few pints. have fun, be safe.

Posted by
1010 posts

We did a two week TAUCK Tour in Ireland, in June, 2012. It was beyond fantastic. Our tour group of 26 people really enjoyed staying two nights at the Ashford Castle. The grounds overlooking the water are stupendous.