Please sign in to post.

2 for 1 coupons?

We're going to London next month. I saw someone on another post refer to coupons for the Tower of London. Where do you get the coupons?

Posted by
2 posts

Hello

You can get the International coupons at any post office.$2 each. You'll need two. Go up on the Tower of London site..there is more information. Mail these coupons. These are for the Ceremony of the Keys. We received out tickets within 5 days
Regards

Barbara

Posted by
525 posts

Hey Marguerite, I just posted the same answer on another question today. Scroll through the Classic View or The North-Ireland-Britain. Go to daysoutguide.co.uk. There are coupons that you can print out before you leave the USA. Also the TI on Regent St. in London has 2 for 1 coupons also. You can ask them. I found my in a booklet but can't remember which one. There are so many information booklets in the TI. Take a backpack so you can carry them! If you are going to buy a Heritage Pass, you can find all the places listed on line also if you Google Heritage Pass. Did you see on the new today that Google is 10 years old. What would we do without it? If you have any other questions you can PM me. Also if you want to do the Ceremony of the Keys in London at night, you have to get a card from the local Post Office and send it in. It is free but you have to get your tickets before hand. You can also find this info under the Ceremony of the Key heading on Google.

Posted by
4 posts

Thank you both.
I already have tickets for the Ceremoney of the Keys and went throught the whole international response coupon business. I was actually referring to the 2 for 1 entrance to the tower which is for generaly entry. Ceremony of the Keys tickets only admit you to the ceremony at 9pm.
Thank you for the other info.

Posted by
643 posts

The thing that convinced me not to to the 2for1 deals with the railcard was that I want to use an Oyster Card, not a paper rail card, for my transportation use in London. A week travelcard doesn't work with our schedule, we have to get an Oyster card regardless. Also, to use the 2for1 coupons, you have to decide which date you will visit the site, and we can't do that as we want to leave our schedule open and flexible based on weather, our energy level, etc.

Posted by
191 posts

We just got back and used the 2-for-1 to get into the Cabinet War Rooms and the Tower of London. All you need is a travel card, but it needs to be from the National Rail, not the Tube...the ticket will be green with orange strips on the top and bottom--the tube ones are pink...I knew this vaguely but wasn't entirely sure--the War Rooms lady took the pink one without saying anything, but then we we tried another day for Greenwich, the City Cruises lady wouldn't take it--but we did get a discount on a different ticket which ended up being more what we wanted anyway, so no biggie there. So for the Tower of London, I just got in the train line at Victoria Station rather than the tube line. Anyway, there are pamphlets at Victoria station that you can fill out and there's a website that someone posted here, can't find it now where you can print off the coupons before you go.

Posted by
191 posts

Dave,

You don't have to decide the exact day--there's a time limit on the coupon, not a specific date--plus there are pamphlets at the rail stations that you can fill in by hand. We went with the Oyster card mostly too, but when we could spend about 6 pounds on a travelcard to save 15 at the Tower of London, we decided that even though we wouldn't have necessarily used the max on the Oyster, it was still a good deal. To each his own I guess.

Posted by
643 posts

Do the paper travelcards also work on the bus? Similar to the Oyster Card reduces the bus fare from 2 pounds to 1 pound.

Posted by
643 posts

Are these pamphlets available at Victoria station?

Posted by
191 posts

Yes--they're at the front of the line near the cashier booths for the train tickets (not the tube)...it's where you need to get your travelcard from anyway.

Posted by
286 posts

Yes, travelcards are good on bus, train, tube, DLR and tram.

Posted by
4 posts

We fly into Heathrow on a Wed. am, spending Wed, Thurs, in London, leaving London for Bath on Friday. We're picking up a rental car at Heathrow on Friday morning. Should we bother with Oyster? It seems easier and just as cost effective to get on off-peak 3-day tavel card to bring us into London, get us around for 2 days, and then get us back to Heathrow on day 3. Should we buy the cards at Heathrow? Can we get the paper cards at Heathrow so we can get the discounts?

Posted by
286 posts

Marguerite, that wouldn't be the most cost efficient way especially if you were planning on staying within zones 1-2 but definitely more convenient as you won't have to mess around with purchasing and later returning your Oysters.

An alternative is to purchase your tickets separately for each day... a zone 1-6 TC for the first day and if you will be in zones 1-2 and then a single fare for the last day.

That might save you a few pennies.

Posted by
132 posts

So if we had rail tickets from Hampton Court on a Wednesday, could we use those to get the discount at the Tower of London on, say, a Monday?

Posted by
2365 posts

Stacey, you might get answers but the original post is almost four years old 2008 so don't go by what has been said, maybe you will get updated info or you could try an original post. Good luck. FYI. We did get two for one tickets at train station but that also was four years ago so not sure what is available now.

Posted by
332 posts

Stacey, if you combine your rail ticket from Hampton Court to London with a valid rail ticket from London, the Days Out discounts are available for the intervening days. Remember that Heathrow Connect, Heathrow Express, and Eurostar tickets are not valid for the offer. "If for example you are buying single tickets, e.g.Advance tickets to London for a one-way journey on a Monday, and Advance tickets for departing London on a Friday you will be able to use the vouchers during the Monday-Friday period, provided you show both outward and return tickets (remember to tell the train company staff that you need to keep your outward tickets!)."