Please sign in to post.

Hotel in London

My friend and i will be in London for one night- going to the theater and then out the next day on the eurostar to paris. any suggestions on where to stay? we are 2 single 30ish females. so we want to be fun, but safe

Posted by
2775 posts

The London Elizabeth Hotel, Lancaster Terrace, 011-44-207 402 6641 in the Bayswater area is great hotel, a two minute walk to the underground. The Amsterdam Hotel, Earls Court is also good 011-44-207 370 5084. The South Kensington area is also great Aster House 011-44-207 581 5888. London is a safe city to walk in, you just have to use common sense. We have walked back to the hotel and used the tube (underground) after the theatre many many times have not given it a second thought.

Posted by
977 posts

We did the Eurostar trip from London a couple of months ago. The Ibis Euston Hotel is a perfect spot to stay, reasonable rates and only 10-12 mins. walk to St.Pancras Station.

Posted by
23238 posts

You could try the Victoria Station area. Apollo Theater (Quicken) is just across the street. RS recommends several in the area. We have stayed in Lime Tree and Winchester.

Posted by
643 posts

Frank, of those two hotels, which did you like best?

Posted by
3580 posts

I stayed in the St. Pancras area at the Crestfield Hotel last fall because I wanted my trip to St. Pancras to be quick and easy. The hotel is maybe 100 yards from the train station. There is a Tube stop in the KingsCross station across the street from both the hotel and St. Pancras. For the theatre I could have taken the Tube very easily from there.

Posted by
643 posts

For the last three nights of our stay in London, after we return from our weekend in Paris, we're going to stay at Aster House, the hotel highly recommended by Rick. It sounds like a fantastic hotel, a little expensive for our budget, but it looks like it's worth it. At least this way we know the last three nights in London will be in extreme comfort.