Please sign in to post.

hotels

We will be in London for five days. Our first day we will be leaving on the Eurostar. The rest of the time we will be touring the major sites in London. We have tentative reservatoins at the Jury's Inn Islington, Premier Inn Kings Cross and the Garden Court. Does anyone have a suggestion of the best place for us to stay
Thanks so much

Posted by
10344 posts

If you don't need to be close to the St Pancras station, and the rate is about the same, the Islington Jury's Inn would be preferable for room amenities. The Premier Inn prices used to be hard to beat but they seem to be up after the merger with Travel Inn. It's London in July so rates will be high. If you're not confirmed I'd do so soon.

Posted by
1455 posts

Janet, I agree with Kent. Its easy to travel around London. I'm getting on the Eurostar in 2 weeks and staying near Heathrow, since I just need a hotel for 18 hours.

I went on hotwire.com and got a sheraton for 89 dollars. I picked a 3 star hotel and figured, I'll land at 2:30, jet lagged. I'll just go straight to the hotel near LHR, rest up, and then off to the Eurostar at 9 am.