Please sign in to post.

Suggested itinerary

I'm arriving in Dublin on the morning of September 19. On the 21st I have a rental car and plan on heading south and then over to Galway. I have a B and B reservation in Galway on the 28th and 29th for the Oyster Festival. Can anyone suggest an itinerary with stops and stayovers that would put me in Galway on the afternoon of the 28th. After Galway I have until October 7 to complete the lap of the island and would appreciate suggestions and times I should stay. Travel time by rental car is also appreciated. I know this is a lot, but you don't have to answer everything.

Posted by
199 posts

Frank, I hope you are not expecting too much of the Oyster Festival in Galway. On our September 2001 trip to Ireland we specially chose a close-in hotel to be right where the action is for the festival...and there was NO action. One wouldn't have known a festival was going on. Maybe it's changed in the last six years.

I would suggest you pretty much follow Rick's itinerary to get a good tour of Ireland. We particularly enjoyed the south and west of the country. Driving is very easy and enjoyable, and distances are very short. You'll love it.