Please sign in to post.

Staying in London

We will be spending two nights in London in mid June returning home from Zambia. We would like a small hotel or B&B that is close in , but affordable. Is that impossible in today's market?

Posted by
23267 posts

First you have to define affordable for you. Second, when departing through London we always stay in the Paddington station area become of the convenience of the Heathrow Express. There are a LOT two and three star hotels in that area. Most pretty reasonable for us.

Posted by
2 posts

We are flying in Heathrow and out Gatwick, so that's why I was thinking we'd stay close into London. Will it be possible to find a place for $100? We would like a place that's clean with our own bathroom. Also breakfast on site would be nice. If it sounds like we are "senior citizens", we are!!
Thank you.

Posted by
3428 posts

There are several B&Bs and small hotels in the Victoria Station area. The GAtwick Express is so easy to use. We usually stay at the Victoria Thistle- but it does not meet your requirements. Check out other postings on this site- I remember someone mentioning Lime Tree. Or check out Rick's book as he lists several.

Posted by
5515 posts

Another possibility is to consider using priceline.com or hotwire.com. It will probably not be a small hotel but you might be able to find something for about $100 in the city. The name of the hotel will not be revealed, but it will likely be one of the chains.

Check biddingfortravel.com for tips on bidding.

Posted by
643 posts

I found Lime Tree very expensive, around $300 a night for a twin room. Check this site and traveladvisor. The Cherry Court Hotel near Victoria Station has very good reviews, and they have doubles for around $100-$110.

Posted by
1455 posts

i needed a 1 night near LHR and used hotwire.com.
I picked the 3 star hotel and got the Sheraton for $89+ tax.