Please sign in to post.

How to get from London St. Pancras (Eurostar) to Horley

We will arrive from Paris around 6:30PM and want to go directly to our B&B in Horley before flying out from Gatwick in the morning. Does anyone know the best way to do this? Thanks!

Posted by
31 posts

Without knowing exactly where Horley is in the London area, I can't say for sure. But your best bet would probably be one of the tubes. Or, if it's a short distance you could even enjoy the convience of a taxi. Just look up where your hotel is via google maps and then you'd get an idea of what form of transport to take, even if it's the train, it's still way more effecient than public transport over here!

Posted by
1383 posts

There are 2 basic options: overland train from either King's Cross or from Victoria.

The advantage of King's Cross is that it is right next door to St Pancras. The disadvantage is that the train journey takes much longer.

On the other hand while Victoria to Horley is much quicker you have to first get across London by tube.

For me it would depend how much luggage I was dealing with. A lot of luggage and I'd go from King's Cross: less and I'd make the tube trip.

In either case you can check exact train times here

http://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/en/pj/jp?updateSearch=true

Cheers
Alan