Please sign in to post.

London to Paris

I need some help please. My husband and I need to get from London to Paris on May 25th. The train seems very expensive and I am having a hard time finding flights. Help!!

Posted by
23177 posts

Look at RT tickets and throw away the return portion. If you buy early enough you should get some discount tickets. By the time you are in costs of getting to and from airports, I doubt if the plane tickets would be cheaper.

Posted by
64 posts

Natasha,
We did the reverse trip last June. Went from Paris to London. We can't remember how much it cost, but we do remember that it was cheaper than flying (we had looked at that option as well). We decided it would be much more fun to take the train, see some of the countryside and to go under the chunnel. I think the trip took about 2 hours.

Posted by
8700 posts

You're way too late to get discount Eurostar tickets. And while it once was often cheaper for people in North America to book return (roundtrip) tickets than single (one-way) tickets, that no longer is true.

EasyJet is a budget airline that flies London Luton-Paris CDG. I checked www.easyjet.com and found £66.99 fares on 25 May for departures at either 07:55 or 14:50.

Posted by
39 posts

Thanks all for your help. We ended up booking one-way flights on British Airways for 124 pounds total.

I was looking at the Eurostar train passes a couple months ago but was looking at one way prices which were so expensive. Only to find out the return is cheaper even if you thow the return ticket out. It was too last by that time and all the deals were gone.

Posted by
1170 posts

Natasha, we bought our Eurostar tickets last month and a one way ticket was still cheaper. It cost us (with shipping) $337 US for 4 people from Rick's site.

Posted by
39 posts

I can't buy the rail passes through Rick's site because they don't ship to Canada for free.

Posted by
3580 posts

ETBD charges me $15 USD to ship passes to my home in California. They come via UPS. The charge is the same if you order more than one train ticket or rail pass.

Posted by
1455 posts

I am doing the reverse and got $100 ticket on BA from CDG to LHR on July 1st using Cheaptickets.com.

Natasha, try hotwire.com or those 3rd party sites. If you're flexible, you can find a decent price.

For the Chunnel, on the web site is a special deals section. You can get the tickets at pick up.

Best of luck!