Please sign in to post.

Paris

My husband and I will spend a month in Paris in June. We would like to take an overnight trip someplace---perhaps in the country. We have been to Provence. Any suggestions?

Posted by
89 posts

Normandy might be nice. You would have a choice between country and town (could stay in country visit town/stay in town visit country). Honfleur is a very pictueresque smallish town with some excellent eating. (RS did an episode that visited there). I haven't been to the other towns in the area (other than a very small town called Ouistraham that is part of Caen), but I've heard they are also quite pleasant. Beautiful area, Normandy.

Posted by
2 posts

I second the Normandy recommendation. Mont St. Michel is spectacular and a great change of pace from Paris, especially if you stay there.

Posted by
10 posts

Normandy is fantastic, especially in the summer because of the beaches. I stayed in Barneville-Carteret last summer - you must try the moules-frites!!!

Posted by
10344 posts

A month in Paris, I'm so jealous! ChartresAmboise/Loire ValleyMont St. MichelReimsRouenChampagne regionBurgundy regionStrasbourg region

Posted by
632 posts

I'll second Ayla's recommendation for Honfleur..and I will add Geverny for those who love Monet.

Posted by
23 posts

Go to see the spectacular new gallery that houses Monet's Water Lillies at the L'Orangerie Museum. THEN take the train to Giverny to see the actual place that Monet painted the panels. It's a great combination! We went as a day trip, but use Rick's book to find hotels. Enjoy!

Posted by
9420 posts

Normandy, our favorite part of France! We've stayed in Bayeux many times and love the Hotel D'Argouges there (in RS book).