Please sign in to post.

Itinerary Critique

Okay, I believe I have finally arrived at a rough plan for our first adventure overseas. I have planned this schedule with my 11 year old daughter in mind. Please let me know if I am missing something, if times are too tight or if I planned something in the wrong area. Also, any kid-friendly ideas are welcome as well.
Finally, would it be smarter to purchase oyster or travel card. We will be in london for four days, away, and then back for three days.
Day One
Hotel at 3:00 by Earl's Court Metro
London Eye
Dinner and Walk along Thames with www.londonwalks.com
Day Two
Stonehenge with above tour group
Theatre or cinema or suggested activity
DAy Three
Tower of London (early so we get in), Big Bus Tour to see sights, London Bridge Experience, Beatles Tour (my daughter loves them), evening:not sure any suggestions? I would also love to see the changing of the guards. Can this be worked in on this day?
Day Four
Big Bus Tour to British Museum/ British Library
evening Jack the Ripper Walk (too scary for ll year old)
Day Five
Morning at Hyde park before departure from Victoria Coach Station or offer suggestions?

Day One
Arrive back around 12:00 pm by Victoria Rail Station
Madame Toussades
Wicked at the theatre
Day Two
O2 to see exhibit, London aquarium, national theatre and evening walk I would also like to see Shakespeare Theatre. Is this possible?
Evening: open
Day Three
Either Bath, Windsor, Brighton. I really can not decide. Any suggestions. Also, I am on a strict budget so travel costs are a concern.
DAy Four
FREE DAY before we leave at about 1:00 pm (off to Rome)
Insert Suggestions here : )
Thanks for taking a critical look! It is our first trip mother/daughter adventure so we are excited but a bit nervous :)
Shak

Posted by
993 posts

You didn't say when you are traveling and neither do you say where you will be spending those days away from London but if it is not at the seaside and if the weather is fine, I vote you spend your 2nd day 3 in Brighton. The Pier has arcades and rides and food you can even get mother/daughter temporary tatoos, and the people watching is 1st class. Plus there is always the Royal Pavillion. Also I hope you mean the Tower Bridge Experience and are you at all interested in having afternoon tea someplace.