Please sign in to post.

Stockholm

Looking for that special and unique hotel in Stockholm that you want to return to again - because I am traveling there and would love to learn from your experience.

Posted by
389 posts

So few ask about Stockholm and we absolutely loved it!! On the hotel scene, ours was neither unique nor noteworthy, but the deal I found was awesome and I love sharing with the few people on this site headed there. www.visit-stockholm.com/ is the site I used to make reservations and it came with a travel card/entrance card that worked for everything except the Vasa museum. It turned into the cheapest stay of our whole trip. Choose "where to stay" then "package reservations" The hotels available there come with the Stockholm a la Carte card. We choose cheap as there were 6 of us and we stayed a Welcome Barkaby. Basically a small Holiday Inn chain. Clean, but not near the center of the city. Our trip was about 10 minutes into the city. They have lots of choices in various price ranges. Good luck.

Posted by
158 posts

Queen's Hotel listed in Rick Steve's is great and so is Maude's Hotel ( a bit further out but very convenient).

Posted by
61 posts

We stayed at the
Attache; Cedergrensvagen 16; Hagersten Sweden
Telephone: 46 8 181 185

I was able to pull up the website by doing a search for Attache Hotel, Hagersten, Sweden.
I don't have a clue about the cost, we were on a group tour. I don;t think it could have been outrageous though because it was an educational tour company. It is out a bit from the main area but was accessible by train, (maybe 20 minutes?) But we all loved the hotel. I think it usually caters to business travelers. Our rooms had hardwood floors, and there was a nice patio area where we enjoyed gathering at night to relax with a glass of wine and in the mornings with our coffee. The group has talked about that hotel many times since we were there in 2005.