Please sign in to post.

Heathrow Terminal 5

I'm arriving from Washington, DC arriving at Heathrow's Terminal 5. I walk with a cane and cannot walk long distances. Is it a long walk from the airplane to customs and then to the Heathrow Express?
My only experience in London's Heathrow has been in Terminal 3 where the walk is extremely long and tiresome.

Posted by
8293 posts

If you are arriving at Term. 5 you are flying with BA, in which case you need to contact BA and request airport assistance upon arrival. You will be met with a wheel chair.

Posted by
2739 posts

Look up the T-5 map on the BA or Heathrow web sites. If i am remembering correctly, you come up from the underground shuttle almost directly at Immigration. T-5 is 3 rectangular buildings, without the long corridor walks out to the gates at the other terminals.
I believe Tube and Express transport should easily be accessed from the center also.

Posted by
109 posts

Based on the experience I had last November when I arrived at terminal 5 I would suggest you contact your airline for assistance. I had a long walk, including an escalator to reach immigration.