Please sign in to post.

Dingle B&B recommendations

My husband and I are planning a trip to the west coast of Ireland next winter...any recommendations for a B&B in Dingle with good breakfasts?

Posted by
1814 posts

Castlewood is lovely and it is an easy level walk along the harbour to town.

Posted by
655 posts

Another vote for Castlewood. Also, Heaton's is right next door and very nice. Check these out (and many more) on Tripadvisor.com.

Posted by
931 posts

We just got back from a stay at the Tower View B&B, Robbie and Mary were wonderful. The views of Dingle harbor from our room and from the Breakfast room were great, and the breakfast menu and food was wonderful. The 12 minute level walk (and well lit at nite)was easy.

Posted by
337 posts

Find our where your room will be if you consider the Tower View B&B. Our room was in the back of the house with no view; dark and depressing. Of course, if you're only there for sleeping, it won't matter.

Posted by
9363 posts

Also, check and make sure the B&B will be open all winter. Many close for the season after Nov 1.

Posted by
61 posts

Sarah, A few years back, I stayed at the Captains House and I loved it! It is in a very central location. The rooms were clean and comfortable. They have a peat burning fireplace in their lounge, they serve a great breakfast in their charming conservatory, which overlooks their garden. This place definitely gives one a feeling of staying in a home. The best part of the stay is meeting Mary. She is very hospitable, helpful and a great person to talk to!

Posted by
2023 posts

The Captain's House is no longer up and running as a B&B. When we were in Dingle last October we were told that the "captain" had remarried ( I suppose to a younger woman) and they had infant twins and no time to run the B&B. We stayed at Alpine house and found it charmless-the owner there brought us up to date on the captain- a new dad at 72. We had stayed there years ago & were sorry it was closed.

Posted by
81 posts

Sarah - we stayed at the Lighthouse B&B. We absolutely loved it and our hosts Denis and Mary. We stayed there based on a reference from here on the helpline. There is also a good website for any B&B in Ireland. You will also be able to determine which ones are open for your travel dates. http://www.bandbireland.com/ You will love Ireland! Safe Travels! Jerry P.S. We are making a 2nd trip this November.

Posted by
32 posts

We are just now staying at Lighthouse Inn B&B situated 1k or so upside of town overlooking the water from above & it is great. They have full on & partial water view rooms. Ours is partial and quite nice. Room is very large and lovely. WiFi is perfect & available for multiple devices. Can't imagine breakfast could disappoint. Walk into town is brief & pleasant. Host Dennis very helpful w/providing info on our local interests. I'd highly recommend

Posted by
1265 posts

Sarah - I would highly recommend Coastline Guesthouse. The rooms are well appointed and the breakfast was very good. Vivienne is also very knowledgeable of the goings on in the area. As a side note stop in at Foxy John's for a pint.

Posted by
977 posts

Definitely another vote for the Lighthouse B & B

Posted by
32171 posts

Sarah, I'm not sure if they're open in the winters, but you might have a look at the Alpine Guesthouse in Dingle. They serve good breakfasts and it's in a fantastic location, only a short walk to the harbour and the area where all the Pubs are located. I found the Small Bridge Pub especially interesting. Happy travels!

Posted by
32 posts

Have to say our stay at Lighthouse Inn last week did not disappoint. It has great hosts who provide lovely well equipped roomy rooms (most with views, I believe), terrific breakfast & up to date tips on what music, etc. is going on where. Short walk into town was quite pleasant. I'd stay there again in a heartbeat.

Posted by
26 posts

Thanks to all for the great suggestions! I'll be looking into all of these.