Please sign in to post.

THANK YOU HELPLINE

Hi! Not a question, but I just wanted to say Thank you so much for the advice about Train travel from London to Edinburgh. I posted a couple of weeks ago about expensive train travel and got several responses which were all very helpful! I got advanced tickets as recommended and I am getting the Family and Friends railpass that someone suggested that saved me over 200 pounds! Then the icing on the cake was their was a web special on the National rail Enquires website that I didn't know about until I was purchasing my tickets online - I saved another 100 pounds! Orginally my tickets were going to be 437 sterling pounds and I only paid 118 pounds! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! That's a $500 savings!!!

Posted by
9363 posts

Wow, terrific savings! Congratulations, and enjoy your trip!

Posted by
521 posts

Well done Greta, now all you need to do is make sure you don't miss the specific train you have booked!

Posted by
11294 posts

Congratulations! I just wish everyone could see your post before they bought railpasses or tickets, so they were aware that the potential savings are not chickenfeed. It is a bit of work to get the best price, but it's worth it. Enjoy your trip!