My wife and I are travelling to Europe with our 8 month old daughter end of June 2009 for 2 weeks. We are flying in to Vienna.
Our tentative plan is as follows:
Day 1 - 3 in Vienna
Day 4 - 6 in either Budapest or Bratislava
Day 7 - 12 in Slovenia
Day 13 - travel back to Vienna
Day 14 - fly back home
My questions are below:
- With a baby in tow, what is the best way to accomplish this itinerary? Would you suggest trains and public transport or should we rent a car?
- Or would you suggest a combination of the two?
- I hear driving in Hungary is very tough.
- How safe is it to accomplish the above plan in a rental car?
- Would you suggest any changes to the itinerary? Skipping may be Slovakia or Hungary?
- Any tips on accommodation in these places considering we have an infant? I am looking for modest but convenient and clean accommodations.
I know that is a lot of questions to ask. But figured that with travel gurus abound on this forum, I may get some good suggestions/advice.
Thanks in advance for your time and for your help.