Please sign in to post.

Venice to Croatia

I will spend a few days in Venice and then go to Dubrovnik, Croatia. What is the best way to get there. The flights I have searched all go to Frankfurt or other cities before they end up in Dubrovnik. Do I need to fly to another city in Croatia in order to get a direct flight? I will need to book a roundtrip flight to connect with my flight from Venice to the USA. Are there high speed ferrys?
Thank you.

Posted by
2876 posts

Venezia Lines runs high speed ferries from Venice to several port towns in Croatia, but not Dubrovnik. Go to www.venezialines.com to see their schedules. The only ferry from Italy to Dubrovnik runs from Bari, which is about 500 driving miles south of Venice. There are no direct flights from Venice to anywhere in Croatia. You didn't say when you were traveling, but Easyjet is going to start flying Rome - Dubrovnik on July 6. That will open up the very inexpensive option of flying Venice>Rome>Dubrovnik (and back) on Easyjet.

Posted by
118 posts

I believe in July, Croatia Air will be flying from Dubrovnik to Venice twice a week.