Please sign in to post.

Turkey Travel

We will be taking RS 13 day Turkey Tour this May and June which starts in Istanbul and ends in Ephesus. This web site says that after the tour is over you can take a bus to Izmir and fly back to Istanbul which we would like to do.
Has anyone traveled back to Istanbul from Izmir that could enlighten me with the details of what they did and its costs? Thank you

Posted by
320 posts

We are taking the same tour in September. I had the same question so called Rick's tour department. I was told we could get a ride on the tour bus to Izmir at no cost.
Since then our tour info has come and you'll see the same said on end of tour info. I was told we wouold arrive at the airport around 9 am.

Posted by
3250 posts

Hi Charlie,

We flew the opposite direction from Istanbul to Izmir last May on atlasjet. It was a quick flight--seems like it was about 40 Euro each.

Also, Pegasus and Onur Air fly between the two cities. Just make sure that you fly into Istanbul's Atatürk Airport rather than Istanbul Sabiha. Which Budget Flights

Enjoy your travels!
Sharon

Posted by
3250 posts

Hi Charlie,

BTW, May/June is a great time to be in Turkey! Last May, tulips were blooming at Topkapi Palace and storks were nesting in Selcuk near Ephesus. The weather was fantastic--you're going to have a wonderful trip!

Posted by
6 posts

I took Sun Express, the flight cost me about 40 euros bought at the airport right before the departure. They also have great deals on their website sometimes.