Please sign in to post.

Travel to Kos and Rhodes

I am going on the Village Turkey Tour and am planning to visit Kos and Rhodes after the tour. Due to the complicated ferry schedules, I have been struggling with the return from Rhodes to Istanbul to fly home. It seems and easier return is to fly from Rhodes to Athens and then return home from Athens. There is no cost impact and the schedule works well. Is this a reasonable plan? Also, since Rhodes is a Greek island, I assume I would not need to clear Greek Customs when I arrive in Athens. Is that correct?
Thanks.

Posted by
7513 posts

Yes, flying Rhodes to Athens would be easier and cheaper than trying to get back to Istanbul. Aegean Air flies that route, and watching for discounts, you can get tickets for less than $100 US. I would think you would go through customs and immigration control coming off the ferry at Kos (or your first Greek stop) and need not worry about it in Athens

Posted by
811 posts

you want to watch for aegean air, olympic, and cypress airlines for discounts from rhodes to athens. no need to clear custom from rhodes to athens, it's domestic flight.