Please sign in to post.

Travel in Cyprus

Has anyone had any travel experiences in Cyprus that would be helpful to pass on? Either good or bad (a warning) to avoid? Also, will flying back from Larnaca on Cyprus Air and tranfering to British Air in Heathrow be possible in 90 minutes? Any advice is appreciated, Thanks!
Kathy in Wisconsin

Posted by
4555 posts

Kate, Michael, etc...your opinions on this transfer, please. From what I remember of LHR, transferring from Cyprus Air in Terminal 1 to an American airline heading home from Terminal 4 in 90 minutes is impossible...your thoughts?

Posted by
1 posts

I am writing you from beautiful Agia Napa atm. Hard to find WIFI access. Some of the hotels have and "Lobby" cafe bar in downtown Napa.

I've never been to paradise before this :) I think that's my summary of Cyprus. Meet the locals, they will treat you like family.

I came from US I couldn't book a direct trip so I flew to athens and then to Olympic. Both flights were smooth.

Don't forget sunglasses, sunscreen, and cash :). If you are near Aya Thekla check out Lucas for a non-touristy experience (you will probably be waited on by Simon Lucas' son).

Great beach nextdoor to Lucas that is in site of Aya Theckla where you can grab breakfast for 2-3#s and enjoy the beach after.

(eff e ta stou)=thank you
paraglou= you're welcome
narou=water (drink lots)

Everyone smiles and offers pointers when you try to speak greek and its lovely.

have a great trip!