Please sign in to post.

Travel from Budapest to Cesky Krumlov

We are still working out our trip to Budapest in January, and we would like to travel from there to Cesky Krumlov for a couple of nights before heading back to Kufstein , Austria. Can anyone suggest the best way to get there? Is it better to use a shuttle bus company that goes straight there from Budapest or to catch the train back to Vienna and then either a shuttle bus or another train from there to Cesky Krumlov?
Thank you, Linda

Posted by
61 posts

Thanks David. I have been looking at different options and I think it will work best for us to return to Vienna and catch the shuttle from there.
Linda

Posted by
17865 posts

Linda, if you haven't got a hotel yet in Cesky Krumlov there is one called the Dvoark which is at the corner of the bridge that crosses to the castle. It has one room with a balcony that faces the castle. We stayed there and it was fantastic to see the place all lit up at night. I think you have a link to my photos to see what I am talking about.

Posted by
17865 posts

OH!, and if you are going on to Prague from Cesky Krumlov then there are a couple of really wonderful castles along the way. Again, the photos.

Posted by
61 posts

Thanks for the info James. Unfortunately I have already booked an apartment,but I am very much looking forward to seeing the castle at night as I am a keen photographer! I won't be going to Prague this trip, but hopefully will make it there next time.
Linda