My partner & I will be visiting Eastern Europe this coming Aug/Sep period for 6 weeks. We are both fit people (34yo) and LOVE hikes, especially those with beautiful alpine outlooks. We spent a few nights in the Wengen area (Jungfrau in Switzerland) 5 years ago & loved it!
We are after something similar again but after reading countless forums & articles I'm getting a bit overwhelmed by which areas would be most suited to us.
See below what we want in 2-3 locations for hiking:
* Ideally located in Eastern Europe
* Beautiful mountain/lakes/alpine/meadow views (we love getting to the peaks to find the best views!)
* Looking for 1 or 2 areas to hike outside of already planned in Julian Alps
* Full day walks and/or multi-day (but only where private rooms, food & luggage transfers are available)
* Length - 3-5 days in each location
* We will just have hiking boots & waterproof jackets on us so nothing hard-core where we will need equipment to climb
The areas we have planned in so far are below:
* Czech (Prague, Cesky Raj, Cesky Krumlov)
* Hungary (Budapest)
* Austria (Vienna, Salzburg, Salzkammergut)
* Slovenia (Ljubljana, Lake Bled, Bohinj, Julian Alps)
* Croatian coast + Lake Plitvic
SO far we have considered the below (outside of Julian Alps) areas to hike:
- Dachstein in Salzkammergut, Hallstat, Innsbruck, Zillertal Alps (parts of Eagle Walk) in Tirol, Mayrhofen
Be good to get some recommendations on top places that we should consider hiking that meets our requirements + also the best place to base ourselves for those hikes.
Thanks all!! Appreciate any advice! Looking forward to this! :)