Please sign in to post.

slovenia

Can someone recommend a good place to stay near Lake Bled

Posted by
106 posts

Hi Jerry! We can recommend a nice quiet apartment in beautiful countryside only minutes from downtown Bled. Friends of ours have just stayed there and didnt want to leave. Partly because the owners Petra and Bostjan are so nice as well. They were upset and frazzled because they got lost driving there but Petra and Bostjan made them feel at home and took them out for dinner in Bled! Its the Hisa Sonca http://www.hisa-sonca.eu
Website takes a while to load but it is a nice place to base yourself while in Bled. Greg and Rona

Posted by
294 posts

Both Pension Mayer and Hotel Berc are good choices and right next to each other in Bled. Both get good reviews on Tripadvisor. I stayed at Berc and loved it.

Posted by
875 posts

Had to cancel my trip last year, but we had reservations at Penzion Mayer in Bled. All the comments I've seen have been positive. Planning for another try in 2013.

Posted by
106 posts

Hi again! We agree with the other posts. We would recommend: Hisa Sonca - if you want a self contained apartment in a quiet countryside location but still close to Bled Penzion Mayer - if you want somewhere right in town and like mixing with others (great restaurant as well) rooms on the opposite side of the courtyard have views of the castle and Dietmar is an amazing host. Dolinar-Krainer - if you a real traditional Slovene experience on a real tourist farm. This is just out of Bled at Bohinjska Bela but is a really nice place. Have fun with your plans
Greg and Rona

Posted by
959 posts

We stayed at Penzion Berc. It was a lovely room with a terrace. We walked everywhere. The proprietor was really nice and helpful, too! You can find reviews of most of what everyone is recommending on Tripadvisor. Then you can see many opinions! Enjoy Bled, we have very fond memories. Such a GORGEOUS place and the people there were the friendliest we encountered in Eastern Europe.

Posted by
2 posts

Thanks everyone for the suggestions.Pension Mayer and Bercs were full, but they recommended a new place close by so we were able to get in there. ~Jerry

Posted by
22 posts

We stayed at Muleg Farm. It's about a 15 minute walk to the lake. Very relaxing to stay on a working farm. Also possible to eat dinner at the farm. Affordable traditional Slovenian food.