Please sign in to post.

Serbia

We are very experienced European visitors and are planning on traveling by car to/around Serbia and other possible Balkan countries this coming May for about two weeks. The Internet sites are conflicting - and, as is our custom, the BEST source of finding out what is actually going on is the Travelers Helpline. We would very much welcome any comments any folks might have with respect to our trip to Serbia and nearby Balkan nations. We have been to Croatia and Slovenia so are thinking more of other nearby countries. Many thanks in advance.

Posted by
1556 posts

Yours is a confusing post/request. You haven't told us precisely where in the Balkans you are traveling besides Serbia. More importantly, I have no idea exactly what you are looking for. Hence, I don't know where to start (sites/hotels/transport/etc.). Here are a few standard websites I check out when traveling through this part of the world: www.balkanology.com
www.inyourpocket.com (I love these guidebooks since they are full of local information and can generally be downloaded for free). Also, do a search on older topics to see what has already been posted. Please do post more specific questions.

Posted by
1189 posts

Hello, Beograd is a beautiful city. I no longer feel sorry for Sylvia Proggioli, of NPR, broadcasting from there. Read up on the history of the confluence of the two rivers and how the emperor of the Byzantine Empire was held there. Prices in Beograd were good. And that means the same or less than semi-rural Wisconsin. wayne iNWI