Please sign in to post.

Sarajevo

Any suggestions on lodging and sightseeing in Sarajevo? I will have two days and two nights Thanks!

Posted by
811 posts

My time was pretty limited in Sarajevo (day trip from Mostar), but we found the (free) In Your Pocket Guides to be useful in highlighting sights and offering general travel advice. Here is the direct link for the Sarajevo guide: http://www.inyourpocket.com/bosniaherzegovina/Sarajevo There is a link at the top right of the page to download it to a .pdf. One place that stood out to us was the Sarajevo Brewery restaurant. Sadly, you can't take a tour of the actual brewery (Sarajevska Pivara), but the attached restaurant/bar is beautiful inside with dark wood mill work and high ceilings. The food is pretty good, too, as is the beer. We didn't have the time to visit the Tunnel Museum, but you may want to check that out. There is also the corner near the Latinska Bridge where Archduke Ferdinand and his wife Sophie were assassinated, the fallout of which led to WWI. Near the main train station is the famed Holiday Inn that housed many journalists covering the war in the 1990s that led to the Siege of Sarajevo. A little tip here is if you need to use the restroom and are in the area, go into the Holiday Inn instead of the train station. Hoo-boy, there is a world of difference. Hope you have a great time in Sarajevo - that is one place my husband and I will definitely return to for a more extensive visit!