Please sign in to post.

santorini-hotels

Where would you suggest staying in Santorini in April? two nights!

Posted by
32212 posts

erin, A few suggestions for you to consider: > Hotel Nissos Thira (be sure you ask for a room at the back, otherwise the traffic noise from quads, motorcycles, etc. may keep you awake - it will probably be a bit "quiet" in April, but at other times of the year the traffic doesn't ease up until about midnight). > Hotel Pension George (I believe they provide pick-up service from the airport or dock if pre-arranged). Have a look at the Trip Advisor listings for both properties. If you haven't got your touring planned yet for Santorini, Matt Barrett's website is an excellent resource. Happy travels!

Posted by
3122 posts

Your choices will be limited in April, as many hotels will not yet have opened for the season. If you're planning to be there for Easter weekend be sure you have confirmed reservations well in advance for hotels, rental cars, planes and ferries. Here's a list of hotels open all year. http://www.santorini.com/hotels/allyear.htm

Posted by
32212 posts

erin, One other thing to mention..... For travel to the Greek Islands, you can certainly make all the arrangements yourself (many people do). However, an alternative would be to use one of the Greek Travel Agencies mentioned on Matt Barrett's website, as they can arrange not only Hotels but also Ferry tickets, transfers, car rentals, etc. I decided to try that method this year, and was very impressed with the level of service they provided. That portion of my trip "went like clockwork". Cheers!

Posted by
811 posts

if you fly in you can use the hotel desk at the airport. very helpful and good recommendations. when i was there in sep. she set me up with Atalos in Kamari, good location, comfy place and good price. you can find it on trip advisor - swimming pool, about 2 min walk to beach/bus. the owner picked me up in 5 min after we called, really nice guy. gave me a gift picture CD and a ride to the ferry terminal on my way out. would stay there next time.

Posted by
3122 posts

If they're open in April I agree, Chelidonia Villas is an excellent choice. Also right nearby are Aris Caves, Ifestio Villas and Dream Blue (www.myblue.gr).