Please sign in to post.

Santorini

My husband and I are planning on spending the last 3 wks of our European vacation in 2014 on Santorini. Having just read Rick's posting on Greece and finding out that Greece is cheaper now - I don't find that with Santorini. We want a reputable and respectable place to stay although a hotel for that long would not be great. We require a pool - can anyone suggest a place to stay. Would prefer hotel/apartment - don't know if this exists in Greece and we don't want to spend the earth as we are there for 3 wks. Would love to hear from you. We would probably be there in Sept/early Oct. Tks t

Posted by
32201 posts

Jette, You might have a look at Pension George on Santorini. I believe they have apartments available as well but you'll have to check with them. At that time of year, the costs should be reasonable. The islands will probably be somewhat "quiet" in October and some tourist businesses will be shutting down for the season. Three weeks is a long time to spend there at that time of year. Happy travels!

Posted by
3122 posts

Contrary to your first impression, there are lots of affordable options for Santorini. What is your maximum accomodations budget on a per-day basis, expressed in Euro? Which village do you prefer for your stay? September is an excellent month to visit. Because businesses are starting to close for the off-season October is quiet but the weather gets a bit chilly and windy then.