Please sign in to post.

Santorini

Any suggestions on a traditonal cave house in Oia? Thank you.

Posted by
3122 posts

I can help with that. What is your maximum daily room budget in Euro, what are your travel dates and for how many people?

Posted by
32212 posts

Debbie, you might check Matt Barrett's * www.greecetravel.com * website (cut & paste the links inside the asterisks). There may be listings for "cave house" Hotels there. If not, you might send an E-mail to Matt, as he's very good at helping travellers to Greece. Happy travels!

Posted by
3122 posts

I agree with Delza, the Anemomilos Hotel in Oia is an excellent choice as long as you don't require a direct caldera view. The view across the countryside to the sea beyond is what you get instead. If you'd like to see a photo of that view let me have your email address.

Posted by
69 posts

We stayed with Hotel Anemomelos just a few weeks ago in Oia. It is owned by Spiros and his mother Martha- great people. I heard they now also own cave houses across the street from their hotel. These cave houses face the Caldera. Our apt. (we were 5 so they gave us an apt instead of the usual hotel room) was not directly in the caldera but we had a terrace that had a great, amazing view of it (the road separating the hotel in this part of Oia is very narrow you almost have a caldera view yourself even if you are in the other side). You can google that hotel name and get more from their website or email them directly-they will respond- I see Spiros checking his laptop in between serving in the restaurant-LOL. They also own a restaurant that really have great fresh dishes-one of the best in Oia at reasonable prices. It is family owned so they take pride in running their hotel and restaurant.