Please sign in to post.

Samos

We are planning on going to Samos at the end of the Best of Turkey tour. Any recommendations on a hotel or a tour guide there?

Posted by
3320 posts

What dates are you going (not all of us are familiar with the Steves tour schedules). And how many days would you plan to stay? Do you want to be in Samos Town (where the ferries dock) ... do you want to be at a beach? The public bus system offers a full-day and half-day tour, but it would depend on when you are in Samos. What kind of hotel do you want? Lots of amenities, or a small cute family-run place. Before we start suggesting, these are good things to tell us.

Posted by
28 posts

We will be spending two nights, but only one full day, in Samos, coming on a ferry from Turkey. Some kind of half day tour, or suggestions about what to do there would be great. We will be there May 16-18

We don't have strong feelings about what kind of place to stay. Probably location - fun, interesting, beautiful - would be the most important to me (and not sharing a bathroom)

Posted by
3320 posts

Karen I don't know when your tour goes, not all of us are up on Rick's schedules ... if it is before the hot weather, Hotel Pythagoras is handy, have stayed there 2 x in May, nice balconies overlooking the bay.

Right bythe Vathy pier is Hotel Aeolus, a business hotel, good amenties. Behind is a good taverna, The Garden, traditional greek food.

For a local bus sightseeing tour, and Samos info in General this is an excellent site by recent tourists: http://www.islandwalking.com/samosholiday.html
-- if you're there on the right day, the Local Bus offers a half-day tour@ 7€

Posted by
1 posts

Janet, I am curious about what you mean by right day for 1/2 bus tour of Samos. I am going to be there for a full day on July 4, coming in on ferry from Kusadasi on 7/3. Any info about the bus tour would be appreciated I have looked at the site you referred to but couldn't find specific info about a bus tour.