Please sign in to post.

Romania

I'm going to be traveling to Bucharest in mid-March and want to take a one-day tour to Transylvania. I'm having a hard time finding if there are any commercial day trips or if everything is by private driver. I'm traveling alone so it's expensive to hire a driver for just me. Any suggestions?

Posted by
4637 posts

Transylvania is a relatively large region so where in Transylvania you want to go? It is also not that close to Bucuresti to make it convenient one day trip.

Posted by
8 posts

I want to go to Braslov and perhaps to Bran Castle. I've seen it advertised as a day tour, so it looks like tour companies think it's doable. I just can't seem to find a tour possibility for me as an individual, not a couple or group.

Posted by
4637 posts

To find a day tour to Brasov and Bran would be easier once you are in Bucuresti. Otherwise I would go by train to Brasov, stay overnight there and then go by bus to Bran. Brasov - Bran are about 20 km plus minus apart.

Posted by
8 posts

Thanks. I can't spend the night in Brasov, so I'll check in Bucharest to see if a group day trip is available. Does anyone know a reliable private tour guide/driver if that's what I end up needing to arrange?

Posted by
3696 posts

I can't advise you on a tour guide, but I can tell you that it is a beautiful area. I flew in to Bucarest, but then drove to the Transylvania area, Bran Castle, Brasov and the whole area you are talking about... don't miss it. You can see my pictures of that area by going to my website terrykathrynlawrence.com. I am a photographer and have a slideshow titled Budapest and Romania of those pictures. I loved Romania and would go back in a minute.