Please sign in to post.

prague to cesky krumlov

does anyone know if the orangeways bus line goes from prague to cesky krumlov? or does anyone have any other suggestions as to means of getting there? I thought I saw something about another bus line that was recommended, cant seem to find that post tho........thanks

Posted by
2743 posts

Student Agency (studentagency.cz) Runs every 2 hours, from Andel Station, 2'55" to CK. Book online including reserved seats. Price has risen to 7.6 euro, still a bargain. Excellent experience with them last year.
Very poor experience with Orangeways this year from Budapest to Krakow, many snafus starting with their over-scheduled bus being an hour late.

Posted by
4637 posts

You can also go by train. One change in Ceske Budejovice. It takes 3 h 40 m. Train goes every two hours. Schedule is on Deutsche Bahn website.

Posted by
11 posts

There are frequent buses fron Praha to Chesky Krumlov. Also you may take train to Cesky Budejovice and bus or train from there to Cesky Krumlov. Cesky Krumlov is my fav. European town. I have been there 4 times and would never stay less than 3 days. I am sorry I don't remember the name of the lines but it is very easy to arrange when you are there. Buses are very nice in Bohemia. I think it is your best and most convenient choice. There are two stops for C. Krumlov. For the castle get off at the first stop. For the center get off at the bus station and head down hill.
You can also take a train from C. Budejovice to C. Krumlov and I think it is the most picturesque way to get there. The train is a sort of tram with lots of visabillit and stops at several small villages on the way and will be full of locals and school kids. The train station is a little less convenient to the town but you just walk down hill about 400 yards and you will be at the upper end of the town.