Please sign in to post.

Prague / Krakow / Budapest

A group of 6 people are traveling to the above mentioned cities in the middle of September. We're not sure as where we'll fly into, as traveling from one city to the next seems to be the problem. Trains I've looked at are mostly overnight, don't want to do that, and flights have a stop. Any recommendations on what directions to go first. Is it smart to rent a car, are drop fees high? Buses seem to take a long time too. How about a private driver? Any ideas on that? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted by
17854 posts

I think you have the right order, Pargue, Krakow, Budapest. I only know a few decent ways to get from Krakow to Budapest. Fly with a change in Vienna, 5 hours more or less Orangeways Bus, 5 hours more or less
Direct drive, private driver or rental, 5 hours more or less. PM and I can send you some names of drivers. Slovakia tour. The Kempinski High Tatras hotel will send a van for you in Krakow. Spend a night or two in the beautiful mountains, maybe do some fishing and then have the hotel drop you in Kosice for more sight seeing and take the train into Budapest the next morning. The hotel drivers can also take you to castles, sights, etc along the way. Generally expensive but reasonable with a large group.

Posted by
516 posts

Check these two web sites for discount EU carriers. wwww.skyscanner.net
www.dohop.com I know there is a couple different airlines flying between Prague and Budapest.

Posted by
239 posts

We have used RS recommended Mike's Chauffeur numerous times. Just google it and he has prices for your routes...very professional and reliable!