Please sign in to post.

Prague Hotels

What can I expect to pay for a safe, clean , quiet and good value hotel in Prague? Any recommendations? Thanks,
John

Posted by
276 posts

I stayed at the Salvator Hotel which is about a 10 minute walk from the Old Town. It was definitely safe, clean, quiet, and a good value though the furnishings were a bit shabby. I was there in 2003, but I checked Tripadvisor and it still gets good reviews. Their double rooms run from 55 to 89 Euros depending on the season. http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g274707-d276685-Reviews-Hotel_Salvator-Prague_Bohemia.html http://www.salvator.cz/

Posted by
32212 posts

Maroon79, I was in Prague recently and stayed at This Pension. It was somewhat "basic" (no TV) but very comfortable, had free Wi-Fi, a good breakfast and the staff were wonderful. It's listed in the Guidebook. It's an easy walk from the Pension to the Charles Bridge, Old Town Square and other sights. I'd definitely recommend it! Check the website at the link above for current rates. Happy travels!

Posted by
192 posts

I would suggest Pension Dientzenhofer on the Castle side of the Vltava River, short distance from Charles Bridge good quiet area. Good value nice breakfast. Can find on Google Earth and Trip Advisor. We stayed there in Sept, would go back again, Also nice restarant Nostitz just around the corner, do NOT go to the Konirna Restaurant which is towards the Charles bridge from this hotel as the Konirna will try to rip you off.

Posted by
1878 posts

The Green Garland is absolutely a winner. Excellent location, excellent value. We stayed there in May 2011 and would stay there again.

Posted by
565 posts

Cloister Inn on Konviktska was a delight, close to the Charles bridge and Husova St. Breakfast was included, and there is a beer vending machine in the lobby!
An added plus: several very cute restaurants right around the hotel. A new grill-out restaurant opened up right down the street in April, and, even better, the best taqueria in Europe (that I've had. I know that's not saying much!) right across the street. It rivals some American taquerias, believe it or not.