Please sign in to post.

Prague Hotel w/ private bathrm for approx $150.-

Hi, Any other Hotel recommendations for 2 people with private shower, and toilet for around $150.-- per night in a decent location in Prague. We are mobile and can can walk to public transportation for sight seeing;etc..thanks in advance.

Posted by
215 posts

We stayed in Hotel Julian last summer for 8 nights.
About $150-160 per night. It is in good location, about a 15-20 minute walk from Charles Bridge. Both tram and bus run to anywhere in Prague from just
around the corner. Great breakfast and helpful staff. I believe it is a 3 star. Check their website.

Posted by
15 posts

thankyou for the suggestion.

Posted by
2 posts

I don't when you will be in Prague but there are a lot of apartments that will fit in your price range including those right in the old town withing walking distance of everything. I am very familiary with Prague and own some properties there if you would like further more specific advice about this then please email me at martinbsmithjr@gmail.com

Posted by
658 posts

$150.00 per night is a reasonable amount to pay and you should get something decent for that amount of money, all with 'en-suite' bathroom. There are four centrally situated hotels that I have stayed at that I would recommend. In decending order they are #4 - The Three Drums - located opposite Franz Kafka's house and just around the corner from the astronomical clock in the main square, big clean rooms and friendly staff. My only problem with this place is that you have to climb a lot of narrow stairs, otherwise it's perfect. #3 - The Kampa Garden - an ideal location on Na Kampa Island which is part of Charles Bridge, good rooms, breakfast served in the basement, which is a little bleak and I had an issue with my bill when I left, oh and the goodies left by your bed are not complimentary - they will charge for them.

Posted by
658 posts

2 - The Black Lion - near the old castle, great rooms, great staff and excellent value, if only the hill it's situated on was not so steep #1 - Hotel Charles Bridge - again located on Na Kampa Island, it's a truly historic building with very friendly staff who are so helpful it's untrue. Great restaurant and bierkeller attached, rooms either offer a river and city view or a view of Na Kampa Square. Each one of the four hotels I have mentioned is clean, safe and secure with helpful staff. The Thre Drums would have been my number one except for the stairs. I'd have rated Na Kampa Garden higher if they hadn't 'made a mistake' with my bill. Only Na Kampa Garden is modern, all the other three are very historic and well restored.

Posted by
81 posts

You didn't mention when--high v. low seasons make a considerable difference in rate. Check out Hotel Anna in Vrinohady (www.hotelanna.cz/en); nice big room with large shower, one block to tram line, two blocks to Metro station, 10-15 min. walk to Wenceslas Square, free internet room, elevator, trilingual staff, 81 euro single on April 1. Excellent American breakfast inclusive.

Posted by
345 posts

We stayed at Guesthouse Lida this past April. Very nice place, great hosts (Jiri and his brother Jan). About a ten minutes walk to the metro, and then the third stop is Wenceslaus Square.

The guesthouse is in residential area and it is quiet. You can walk to town along the river if you enjoy walking.

Breakfact was good, free internet service. Jiri picked us up at the train station when we arrived, and took us back to get our train to Munich (for a very modest fee.)

Posted by
15 posts

hi, thankyou all for your suggestions. we're coming during the 1st week of Sept.,which should be low season.the DVD's I've seen of Prague are dazzling!

Posted by
7209 posts

Jim:

Sorry to burst your bubble, but September is not considered low season in Prague. I've been dealing with this issue, too. I thought after August would start the "Low Season" all over Europe. However, I have found that September and October are considered "High Season" in Prague. November starts the "Low Season". If you'll visit the hotels' webpages where they describe their rates and break them down into High, Low, Shoulder - you'll see what I mean. For example here is one: http://www.goldenwellhotel.com/rates.html

Posted by
25 posts

We just returned from a lovely stay at Hotel U ZLUTE BOTY (Yellow Shoe), which is in Rick's books. It's between the castle area and the little quarter, very close to the Charles Bridge but out of the intensely crowded Old Town area. The area is so quaint and convenient; everything was walkable. We loved it for the clean and very antique rooms, quiet and convenient location, good breakfast, and really nice owners. We got the Rick Steves discount, and a further discount for cash, for a total of 105 Euro per night for 4 people in adjoining rooms and private bath.

Kathy