Please sign in to post.

Patras to Kefalonia in October 2011

We arrive in Patras GR at 10:00 am on Sunday October 16, 2011. How do we get to Kefalonia?

Posted by
48 posts

Lee. I know that sounds simple. But I have not found which bus company goes to Killini from Patras. I have not found which ferry goes from Killini to Sami, I think. I want to book both ahead of time if possible.

Posted by
48 posts

Lee. I found the ferry, Andreas Kalvos (AKA). Daily at 16:00 as you pointed out. Goes to Poros, Kefalonia. Thanks.

Posted by
2145 posts

Lawrence, We have found that unless you are taking a long ferry and need a sleeping compartment, or possibly if you are taking a car onto a busy ferry, you do not need to book a ferry in advance in Greece. In fact you can usually buy tickets at a booth at the harbor right before the ferry leaves (although we usually buy ours the night before, just to make sure we have the correct departure time). We have run into several people who bought ferry tickets in advance and had problems printing them, had the schedules change, etc. It's really not worth the headache! So just come, and enjoy. We're in the middle of a Greek adventure right now (on the pretty little island of Tilos).

Posted by
48 posts

Charlene. I am sure that once we arrive and start the adventure, even with a few unanswered questions it will be -- adventuresome. While we are in the planning phase, and since we have not been to these places, it creates a little anxiety about making connections. Thanks for the info.