Please sign in to post.

overnight train Berlin to Krakow in may 2013

Hi, I read on the train news on Rick Steeves website that: "Berlin-Krakow direct trains will run to/from Wroclaw, but not continue to Krakow, through early June, 2013." The Bahn website does not seem to show this. I'm hoping to take a night train from Berlin to Krakow in early May 2013. Can someone confirm this info. What is the best way to get from Wroclaw to Krakow? Or, any suggestions about alternate ways to quickly get from Berlin to Krakow? Thanks, Hedy
Winnipeg, Canada

Posted by
4637 posts

Unfortunately there is no direct train Berlin to Krakow either before or after June 2013 according to Deutsche Bahn website.

Posted by
5515 posts

You may want to look at flights. You should be able to get a flight on Air Berlin for about $100 between KRK and TXL. Alternatively, when I traveled by train between Krakow and Berlin, I stopped in Warsaw. It is 3 hours from Krakow to Warsaw. It is 5.5 hours from Warsaw to Berlin. I spent a couple of nights in Warsaw. However, if I had wanted to go direct, I would have chosen a flight.

Posted by
10 posts

Laura, I looked into your flight suggestions and it looks like a very good alternative! For the dates I'm travelling it's $135, and a 1hr 20 min flight. Train would be cheaper but. . .$70 with couchette, ( or $260 for a sleeper!)but I'm a light sleeper, so overall I've decided to go with the flight. So happy you responded to my message. Thanks!! Hedy
Winnipeg, Canada

Posted by
10 posts

Laura, I looked into your flight suggestions and it looks like a very good alternative! For the dates I'm travelling it's $135, and a 1hr 20 min flight. Train would be cheaper but. . .$70 with couchette, ( or $260 for a sleeper!)but I'm a light sleeper, so overall I've decided to go with the flight. So happy you responded to my message. Thanks!! Hedy
Winnipeg, Canada