Please sign in to post.

Moscow

We will be in Moscow for 10 hours only starting at 5am. How many hours will it take us to get back to the airport

Posted by
417 posts

A few questions. Which airport are you flying to, do you have a Russian Visa, and is that 10 hours the time the plane lands until the next takes off?

Posted by
873 posts

Like Mike mentioned which airport are you flying into/out of? Sheremetyevo, to the north, is a little closer to the city center. Domodedovo, to the south, will take longer. Also, how are you getting to/from the airport? Driving? Public transport? What I can tell you is that passport control/customs takes me an hour each way, at the very least. Being Russian, I only have to deal with the shakedown at customs while strolling relatively quickly through passport control. Foreigners will have to deal with additional passport/visa hassle, not to mention the language barrier. Taking into account all of the worst case scenarios, I would give you 4-5 hours to get from city center to your gate.

Posted by
7209 posts

We flew out of Sheremetyevo, and I can quite easily say it was the absolute most horrible and disorganized departure we've ever attempted to make. It made Charles DeGaulle Airport look like a cake-walk. Allow plenty plenty plenty time. The most horrible and time consuming part was attempting to check in and check our bags. The queue was...well there was no real queue. It was just a maddening free-for-all and the workers at the checkin desk were no help at all. Yes, the language barrier was bad. Very little English spoken and we didn't speak any Russian at all. It took a long time just to ask someone which direction we were supposed to go to get to our checkin area.