Please sign in to post.

Lodging in Krakow, Poland

My wife and I are looking for a hotel/inn to stay in Krakow old-town in September, 2011 Non-smoking room, large comfortable bed, elevator access ,traditional, between $150-200 U.S. Dollars.

Posted by
1078 posts

Check out the hotel Wielopole on trip advisor. We stayed there on our last trip to Krakow and it is convenient to the square and has a very nice breakfast.
If you are there on Saturday, you can go out the door, turn right, and you are about 5 minutes away from a real farmers and flea market just past the rr bridge. Staff can point out the way.

Posted by
705 posts

Consider the Globtrotter Guest House. Its near the square and should meet most of your criteria.

Posted by
56 posts

Orbis Francuski Hotel I stayed here in October 2010. This is my review from Trip Advisor A short walk from the main train station. This place just oozes with old world charm. From the ever-present doorman to the front desk staff, who recognizes you everytime you come back in from seeing the sights, the staff here are very gracious. I left my room key at the front desk whenever I went out, and they would have it ready for me when they saw me returning. I had a king-size room (the front desk described as small - it was very large compared to other European hotel rooms). The bed was comfortable, not exceptional, but very good. The ceilings are incredibly high, and the room decor is dark and done in warm colours. The bathroom was huge and I never had any shortage of hot water. They don't have WIFI in the rooms, but they provided me with a connection cord for free DSL in the room. The elevator is of good size and condition, but I usually used the elegant winding staircase to my 1st floor room. Breakfast was more than adequate with fresh sliced meats, cheeses, bread, rolls, toast, preserves, juices, coffee, tea, hot meats (bacon, sausage) and eggs. They also provided made-to-order eggs or omlettes at no extra charge. I cannot fathom how one of the reviewers below paid $3000.00 for 4 nights, I paid less than $100.00 USD per night. I had a street facing room, but, in late October, I found the street to be quiet at night. Only the construction noise early in the morning at the building across the street caused me to wake early. I WILL stay here again. I look forward to going back to Krakow and again living in this wonderful space.

Posted by
276 posts

Hi Gary, I've stayed in several hotels in Krakow and agree with Jerry about Hotel Wielopole; it's an excellent deal. But I would also suggest Hotel Wawel. It's maybe a bit more expensive-still in your price range- but it is a more traditional hotel located just about half way between the main square and Wawel Castle. I haven't been to Krakow in more than 5 years (full disclosure here:) ), but I checked trip advisor, and it looks like Hotel Wawel is still a really nice place. It's on a quiet side street just off Grodzka which is part of the Royal Road. So although it's just steps from all the action, the only noise is the bell on the church across the street. http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g274772-d276751-Reviews-Wawel_Hotel-Krakow_Southern_Poland.html

Posted by
215 posts

Hotel Saski, less than a block from the town square meets all your criteria. We have stayed there and loved it. Rooms are huge, beds comfortable and a great breakfast included. It has an old elevator that
both works and looks beautiful.

Posted by
10 posts

We LOVED the Hotel Maltanski (whhich we stayed at on an ETBD tour in 2007). It's right on the big central park and a classy place... though a bit more expensive than a lot of other B&Bs. It's a very short walk to the public square/market; and it's also fairly close to Wavel Castle. I think this "hotel" (which is small) still gets great reviews.