Please sign in to post.

Ljubljana

We plan to visit Ljubljana, Slovenia in mid-September. Apparently there is lots going on at that time and reasonably priced rooms are hard to find. Any suggestions? What will be our success if we arrive without reservations? We are looking for just a clean, well located room. Nothing fancy. Thank you.

Posted by
74 posts

thank you for the suggestion. I'm using a comparable for a week in Rome but because we only plan to be in the Ljubanalj 2 nights it didn't occur to me to try them. I'll try airbnb today. Maybe we'll pass you in Ljub. Have a wonderful trip.

Posted by
594 posts

Have you tried airbnb.com or similar sites? I will also be there in early September and there's some huge basketball tournament going on around that time. I was able to get an entire apartment in the center of town for roughly $60.

Posted by
594 posts

I'll be there September 6th and 7th. Is that before you arrive? I've already got my sightseeing and foodie adventures planned out :-)

Posted by
74 posts

Sorry, we don't arrive until September 11. Have a wonderful trip.

Posted by
1 posts

I am a just graduated college man (age22) planning to live in Europe for 12 months. I am hoping to play pro volleyball for a team. A volleyball tour begins in Slovenia on 8-13 in Maribor traveling every few days ending in Italy. I want to stay in Ljubljana for 3 days. I have limited funds. Any suggestions for a safe nicely located spot for $50 per night (or less). I am traveling alone until the tour begins on 8-13. I am traveling light. One carry on & nap sack.

Posted by
74 posts

Try www.airbnb.com or roomorama.com. Have never used the later but it probably is as reliable as the others. Good luck!

Posted by
470 posts

There's also the option of checking out www.hostelworld.com Ljubljana has been very popular with backpackers recently, so there are plenty f hostels around.